Okay yes, I’m aware it appears that I may have mispelled the word ‘superbe‘ in the title of this post, but let me assure you, I most certainly did not. See, ‘superbe‘ is how you say ‘superb’ in French. And since this delicious recipe calls for tarragon, well it made me think France. So in a way, I guess I didn’t have much of a choice in the matter anyhow.
I also may or may not have snuck something past you in the first line of the first sentence above. Oh the irony. Anyway, this little recipe was the result of us throwing around some ideas of what to make for a nice Christmas dinner with our little family. We hadn’t had the time to make our own family dinner up until this point.
Monday afternoon, we were doing some errands that needed to be done, but also debating about what we wanted to cook that evening. We quickly decided on one main dish (beef rib eye roast) and two side dishes. Without getting into the details in this post, we were gifted a 5 lb piece of beef. And before you ask – yes, it was awesome!
Vanessa will cover the rib eye roast in a different post though, because there’s a lot to go over, and it won’t all fit here.
So, below is a simple recipe that we made that night. It’s quick to make and super delicious as well. We had decided early on that we didn’t want to make a huge deal of dinner like we (I) tend to do so often, and this ended up being perfect. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Oh, and please let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Superbe Green Beans With Bacon And Tarragon
By: Semiserious Chefs
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 1/2 lb bacon (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam trimmed green beans until they have started to soften but are still somewhat firm. About 7 minutes worked well for us.
- In a different pan over medium-high eat, cook the bacon until just under desired doneness; stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Drain grease from bacon, but retain a little (about 1 tablespoon) for the next step.
- Add the garlic and tarragon in with the bacon and stir together while still maintaining medium-high heat for and additional 30-60 seconds.
- Remove everything from the heat and toss in the steamed green beans, salt, and pepper, and mix well.